Mutual Fund Industry in India - An Empirical Analysis
The purpose of this study is to examine the growth in the Indian Mutual Fund industry. The data used for the study is secondary. The first part sets out the introduction and Evaluation of the mutual fund industry and various regulatory drives taken by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The part second discusses the resource mobilization by the Indian mutual fund industry and how the industry build-up with the intercontinental mutual fund industry. The last part of the current study provides some concluding observations, that the mutual fund industry in India is maturing with the largescale investors and increasing geographical area. While the penetration of the mutual fund industry in India, as measured by the Assets Under Management (AUM)/GDP ratio, is still low compared with the global average.
- Anderson, S., and Ahmed, P., (2005). Mutual funds. Springer.
- AUM to GDP ratio rises sharply in FY 2021, hits a new peak - Cafemutual.com. Cafemutual, (2021). Available from: https://cafemutual.com/news/industry/22779-aum-to-gdp-ratio-rises-sharply-in-fy-2021-hits-a-new-peak
- Amfi - Mutual Funds in India | Investment Plans | Tax Saving Funds. Amfiindia.com, (2021). Available from: https://www.amfiindia.com/research-information/amfi-monthly
- Baral, P., and Das, D., (2016). Mutual funds industry in India: a growth trend analysis. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development, 3(Issue 1), 01-13. https://doi.org/Online ISSN: 2349-4182 Print ISSN: 2349-5979.
- Bostonanalytics.com, (2021). Available from: https://bostonanalytics.com/images/The-Rising-Bottom-of-the-Pyramid-inIndia.pdf
- Fredman, A., and Wiles, R., (1993). How mutual funds work (1st ed.). New York Institute of Finance.
- Kanodia, D., (2017). Performance evaluation of mutual funds in India: Literature Review. Account and Financial Management Journal. 2(9), 898-908. https://doi.org/10.18535/afmj/v2i9.02
- La Porta, R., Lopez de Silanes, F., Shleifer, A., and Vishny, R., (2000). Investor protection and corporate governance. SSRN Electronic Journal. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.183908
- Mishra, P., (2012). The nexus between resource mobilization by mutual funds and economic growth in India. Global Business Review, 13(1), 123-136. https://doi.org/10.1177/097215091101300108
- Mohanan, S., (2006). Mutual fund industry in India: development and growth. Global Business and Economics Review, 8(3/4), pp. 280. https://doi.org/10.1504/GBER.2006.010138
- Mutual funds add 81 lakh investors account in FY21, expert’s hopeful of continued growth. The Economic Times., (2021). Available from: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/mf/mf-news/mutual-funds-add-81-lakh-investors-accountin-fy21-experts-hopeful-of-continued-growth/articleshow/82239450.cms?from=mdr
- Pwc.in, (2013). Available from: https://www.pwc.in/assets/pdfs/publications/2013/indian-mutual-fund-industry-fv.pdf
- Reserve Bank of India - Annual Report. Rbi.org.in., (2021). Available from: https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/AnnualReportPublications.aspx?year=2018
- Rbidocs.rbi.org.in., (2021). Available from: https://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/Bulletin/PDFs/0RBLF11102018_FLC9CB5A969ECB4DAF896161D3DC684456.PDF
- Sharpe, W., (1966). Mutual fund performance. The Journal of Business, 39(S1), 119. https://doi.org/10.1086/294846
- Sharma, P., (2016). The development of mutual fund industry in India. International Journal of Research - Granthaalayah, 4(7), 162-173. https://doi.org/10.29121/granthaalayah.v4.i7.2016.2609