As the unusual Covid-19 outbreak caught the globe by storm, one of the most essential lessons learned was the need of properly planning and managing one’s personal money in order to ensure a secure future. There has been a drastic impact of Covid- 19 on the personal finances of many individuals. The study examined people on the basis of gender, age group, and employment to determine how this pandemic has affected their financial life and how they feel about the financial independence. The present study aims to throw light on how the financial planning process has been changing lately due to the pandemic. The study will be useful to future researchers in understanding how people’s perception changes with change in circumstances as it emphasizes on various financial challenges faced by them due to this pandemic. The study uses exploratory research design and secondary sources of data collection to analyse the change in perception regarding financial planning post COVID-19 pandemic.
- • Benz, C. (2020). What the coronavirus means for the future of financial planning, (October 13). https://www.morningstar. com/features/what-covid-means-for-the-future-of-financial-planning.
- • Dogra, R. (2021) Financial planning: All about do-it-yourself way, ClearTax Chronicles. https://news.cleartax.in/financialplanning- all-about-do-it-yourself-way/943
- • Fox, J., & Bartholomae, S. (2020). Household finances, financial planning, and COVID-19. Financial Planning Review, 3(4), Article e1103. https://doi.org/10.1002/cfp2.1103
- • Gupta, A., & Sharma, D. (2019). Customers’ attitude towards chatbots in banking industry of India. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, 8(11), 1222–1225. https://doi.org/10.35940/ijitee.J9366.0981119
- • Janetius, S. T. (2020). Case study: COVID19 pandemic and the personal financial goals for retirement savings. Journal of Economic and Business Review, 8(8), 44–47. https://doi.org/10.36713/epra3439
- • Kapadia, S. (2020). Holistic approach in planning for personal financial management: Indian scenario. SSRN. https:// doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3632253
- • Kaur, A. (2020) Three-step financial plan for investors during Covid Times, mint. Available at: https://www.livemint.com/ money/personal-finance/three-step-financial-plan-for-investors-during-covid-times-11594865070971.html
- • Maji, P. (2021) Financialexpress, The Financial Express. Available at: https://www.financialexpress.com/money/nearly- 70-indian-consumers-have-increased-savings-and-investments-post-pandemic-report/2220208/
- • Rekha, & Jain, P. (2018). Consumers’ attitude towards mobile marketing: An empirical investigation. Pacific Business Review International, 11(4), 49–63.
- • Sharma, D., Aggarwal, D., & Gupta, A. (2019). A study of consumer perception towards mwallets. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research, 8, 3892–3895.
- • Waliszewski, K., & Warchlewska, A. (2021). How we can benefit from personal finance management applications during the Covid-19 pandemic? The polish case. Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, 8(3), 681. https://doi.org/10.9770/ jesi.2021.8.3(42)
- • Wiquar, Refia, Ciddikie, M. D., Ahmad, A., & Akram, H. W. (2022). Covid-19 and the changing face of financial literacy in India: Evidence from Delhi NCR during lockdowns. Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, 25(5), 1001–1010. https://doi.org/10.1080/09720510.2022.2043534